MEMORY DISORDERS CLINIC
Alzheimer's Disease Research Fund in Neurology
The mission of the Memory Disorders Clinic at the Ohio State University Medical Center includes conducting research in improving the diagnosis and eventual cure of Alzheimer's disease, dementia, and other related memory disorders.
A research fund has been set up to provide an opportunity for individuals, families, and organizations to become a part of the cure by donating funds to help facilitate and support the research efforts here in the Memory Disorders Clinic. This money is used directly for research conducted at Ohio State. The research has provided substantial benefits to the local Ohio patients and families that participated in the studies and has contributed important knowledge regarding Alzheimer's disease and other dementing conditions to the research community and the world.
The generous contributions and memorials, large and small, from individuals to this fund have gone a long way in supporting our important research projects. Some of our current research projects include:
- Clinical drug trials to treat Alzheimer's disease: Rivastigmine, Galantamine
- Clinical drug trials to treat frontotemporal dementia: Memantine, MKC-231
- Clinical drug trials to treat behavioral symptoms in dementia: Quetiapine, Citalopram, Divalproex sodium
- SPECT imaging
- Ultra high field MRI imaging for early dementia diagnosis
- Blood and cerebrospinal fluid test development for early dementia diagnosis
- Physician office screening tests for early dementia diagnosis
- Problem solving tasks for early dementia diagnosis
- Autopsy neuropathology research - free autopsies and brain banking
- Functional neuroimaging of treatement response to mild cognitive impairment
Researchers include Douglas W. Scharre, M.D.; Maria Kataki, M.D., Ph.D.; Rebecca A. Davis, R.N., L.I.S.W.; Shu-Ing Chang, Pharm.D.; Nicoleta Stoicea, C.N.P.; Nancy Theado-Miller, Jennifer Grothouse B.A.; Jennifer Icenhour, B.A.; Erin Keddie, M.P.H.
For further information regarding the studies, please call:
Jennifer Icenhour at (614) 293-6882.
For donation information, please call Brandon O’Hare at (614) 366-4990 OSU Medical Center Development, 660 Ackerman Road, 6th Floor, P.O. Box 183112, Columbus, Ohio 43218-3112
The account number for the Alzheimer's Disease Research Fund in Neurology is 302185. Thank you for your consideration and generosity.